About Private Charter Tours
The ultimate custom West Coast experience! Book your private boat charter and explore the Discovery Islands and Salish Sea on an exclusive wildlife and cultural adventure. Whether you are on a quest to find whales and other wildlife or expand your knowledge about the local First Nations culture, our crew will deliver a tailored marine adventure to suit your needs.
Our brand-new 34’ covered aluminum vessels are designed to deliver a safe and unforgettable West Coast experience. Perfect for multi-generational families and groups up to 12 people. Key features include:
- Plush comfort seats inside the cabin and fresh air adventure seats on the deck for every guest
- Extra large windows for optimal viewing
- On-board walk-in toilet
- Landing-craft design with drop-down ramp to explore remote beaches
- Heated cabin for ultimate comfort and warmth
- USB charging ports for your electronic devices
Choose from half day to full day charters with an experienced skipper plus a naturalist or First Nation guide. Private charter ideas include:
- Private boat charter
- Private tour charter
- Private wildlife charter
- Private whale watching charter
- Private bear charter (different pricing applies)
Please note private charters are not confirmed until you have spoken with a staff member to ensure availability. Please contact us to discuss details!
WHY CHOOSE US?
Homalco Wildlife & Cultural Tours is 100% owned by the Xwémalhkwu (Homalco) First Nation and the land you will visit is the traditional territory of Xwémalhkwu First Peoples. We have been providing visitors with world-class wildlife tours for over 20 years. Private Charter Tour includes both a skipper and an Indigenous guide to provide a full First Nation experience right from Campbell River.
- 12 guests maximum per tour
- Minimum age is 4 yrs old (restricting visits to Orford Bay) - June 4 - Oct 11, 2021
- In Orford Bay - Minimum age is 8 years old - June 6 - August 14, 2021 and Minimum age is 10 years old - August 15 to October 31, 2021
- All passengers aged 4 to 18 yrs. of age must be accompanied by an adult 19+
- Toilet facilities available on the boat
- Snacks and beverages included on the 4 hour tour
- For a full day private charter tour, lunch can be made available as an add-on and is tailored to your dietary restrictions/allergies
- Cancel up to 30 days prior to tour date for full refund. Less than 30 days notice is non-refundable
- Disclaimer: Tour departures can be subject to time change and are weather dependant
- Private Charters are not confirmed until you have spoken with a staff member to ensure availability. Please contact us.
What to Bring
- Warm layered clothing and rain gear
- Sun hat or hat (toque or beanie)
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Insect repellent (recommended if going to Orford Bay)
- Camera (tripod and monopod allowed)
- Water bottle to help us in our efforts to reduce single use plastics
Deposits and Conservation Fee
- When booking – we require a 50% deposit
- 30 days before the tour the remaining balance is charged and is non-refundable
- An 8% Fuel Surcharge, and 5% GST per person will be applied during the booking process
- A Conservation fee of $40.00 is applied for a half-day charter during the booking process
- A Conservation fee of $80.00 is applied for a full day charter during the booking process
The conservation fee supports the Homalco fish hatchery, in Orford Bay, in rebuilding native wild salmon populations to enhance wildlife habitat, while also protecting the Indigenous roots, culture and food source of the Homalco First Nation.
A friendly reminder that your remaining balance payment update will be sent to you via email. Be sure to check your junk folder, just in case!