EMPLOYMENT DATES: Start June 1; End Mid-October; Training in May
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 14, 2019
Homalco Wildlife & Cultural Tours seeks Skilled & Motivated Interpretive Guides to safely lead guests on 2 new boat-based tour programs. You are an experienced guide and keen to help HWCT expand into new markets by delivering exceptional tour experiences.
You must have outstanding communication and guest service skills, knowledge of local marine and land-based wildlife, be well-versed in Homalco First Nation and Northern Coast Salish culture and traditions, and a passion for sharing your knowledge.
You must enthusiastically deliver a world-class interpretive guided experience as an ambassador of Homalco First Nation. In addition to delivering interpretive experiences to paying guests, you will also be representing HWCT on familiarization tours with the travel trade industry and media.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your primary duties are to provide guests with an authentic 7-8 hour wildlife & cultural interpretive experience from a tour boat, zodiac-style boat and while walking up to 10 km.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Guest safety and experience
* Accurate interpretation of region, culture, history and wildlife
* Minimizing impacts on bears & wildlife
* Skippering a 15 person zodiac inflatable boat in moving water
* Support other staff in performing their duties as required
* Reporting and record keeping
* Uphold agreed upon Codes of Conduct and Operations Procedures
Required skills and certifications (training provided):
- Preference given to people who can commit to the entire season
- Valid OFA Level 1 First Aid with OFA Level 3 highly desirable
- Transport Canada Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP) Certification
- SuperHost / FirstHost training
- An excellent communicator
- Well-groomed, courteous, reliable
- Able to make quick, safe decisions
- Drug and alcohol free in the workplace
Submit a resume outlining your employment and education/training history with references to [email protected] or mail/drop off at the Homalco First Nation office. Include a cover letter telling us why you are interested and are the best candidate for the position.