EMPLOYMENT DATES: Start early August; End mid-October; Training in May/June
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 21, 2019
Homalco Wildlife & Cultural Tours seeks Interpretive Guides and Tour Bus Drivers to safely lead guests on grizzly bear viewing tours at Orford Bay in Bute Inlet, BC. We are searching for people with excellent communication and guest service skills, knowledge of Homalco First Nation and/or Northern Coast Salish culture and traditions, grizzly bear behaviour and habitat, and a passion for nature and wildlife.
You must be willing to enthusiastically deliver a world-class wildlife viewing experience as an ambassador of Homalco First Nation on its traditional lands. While striving to raise the standard of HWCT’s tourism excellence, you will also be expected to work as part of a team to perform the duties necessary to maintain a remote camp.
This is a camp-based position with a schedule of two weeks in and one week out.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your primary objectives will be to provide guests with safe wildlife viewing and share bear information along with Coastal First Nation culture/history, while helping to improve HWCT customer experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Guest safety and experience
* Positive interactions with the guests
* Minimizing impacts on bears & wildlife
* Support retail sales in the onsite store
* Clean and maintain buses
* On-going maintenance and upkeep of the camp
* General housekeeping & cleaning tasks
* Support other staff in performing their duties as required
* Reporting and record keeping
* Uphold agreed upon Codes of Conduct and Operations Procedures
Required skills and certifications (training provided):
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Preference given to people who can commit to the entire season
- Drivers should have a valid Class 4 driver’s license
- Bear viewing guide certification from the CBVA
- Valid Level 1 First Aid with OFA Level 3 First Aid being highly desirable
- Comfortable working in a camp-based setting
- Well-groomed, courteous, honest and reliable
- Flexible and accommodating in your approach to interacting with customers and co-workers
- Drug and alcohol free while in camp
Submit a resume outlining your employment and education/training history with references to [email protected] or mail/drop off at the Homalco First Nation office. Include a cover letter telling us why you are interested and are the best candidate for the position.